Friday, September 26, 2008

WTF?

More bank failures(Washington Mutual) and now we face the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. I was told not to speak about it at work yesterday because people were getting upset.

People keep saying it will be fine but I'm really starting to doubt our governments abilities. Yes, media hype is evil and sways much BUT things are unraveling at a fast pace.


Anyone feel like getting drunk with me?

Your thoughts?

Oh....got in a great 60 min interval workout this morning. :) My personal silver lining.

T

6 comments:

Digits said...

HAHAHAHA
I totally bank with WaMu.
But I didn't know about it until this morning- just a moment ago, used the debit card for a coffee, worked just fine:)

BTExpress said...

It's a good thing that WaMu was bought by such a strong company as JPMorgan/Chase. At least it's not foreign owned. A blogger friend works for them and was waiting to get laid off. The bank web site said all branches would stay open and nothing would change until the early next year.

Digits said...

Ya, doesn't seem like any customers are panicking :) Long as things keep on working...
Look at what they get for being greedy....

PlaysByEar said...

They haven't closed or renamed the WaMu stage at ACL yet FYI

Rafael said...

I was at my WAMU branch downtown last week. The tellers all started to freak out because they received word to not write any new loans for any reason to anybody.

Pittchick said...

I can't get drunk until after the Army 10 miler next weekend.