Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hope

Today I was in line at HEB waiting to buy some crystal lite. There was a woman in front of me who was aviding reading an article on Jennifer Hudson and her shrinking body. Hey, it's hollywood and they do have the means to slim down faster than normal people....

Anyway....this woman was completely engrossed in this article and I could literally see the look of awe and a flicker of ambition cross her face. She wasn't obese but certainly not a healthy weight. Maybe this would be the day she choose to take control and make it happen, regain control and be happy with one part of herself. Fade to her two purchases....Chinese food and cigarettes......alas....not today.

This made me remember when I was in grade school and about 40 lbs overweight. Teased daily and made to feel like crap on a regular basis. I wanted desperately to be popular and wear all the latest trends that were worn daily by the normal sized crowd. Then i would go home and stuff myself with candy/cake and pizza. I'd park in front of the TV and have a full on fat fest everyday to try to out eat my inner demons and unhappiness.

Choices....we all have them daily. Some are life changing and others...not so much.

Being leaner doesn't equal happiness but it sure can help you feel better about yourself.

My trainer called me last night and we talk for a long time about life in general. He is such a fantastic motivational friend and cares about each client....he sincerely does. We talked about me wanting to help others take on their own personal fitness journey and he said "Go for it, girl" and so i shall.

OK.......so advice. Which certification is best er...more respected? Anyone know? How much am I looking at for this certification?

I want to help others ...it's not enough to do this for me alone.

T

3 comments:

Denise said...

Yeah!! I am so glad that you are going to get certified. Put me down for your first client. :)

Memphis Steve said...

I don't know the answer, but I'll bet Biscuit does. She's in my blogroll. http://onebiscuithound.blogspot.com/

She got certified earlier this year. You should talk to her. Not only can she help you, she can also inspire you even more. And I'll bet she'd love to talk to another super fit hottie who is trying just as hard as she is. You are both truly impressive.

Laurie said...

Wow, that is exciting news - you'll be great. You were telling my story right there. Way to go!