Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Charity Dinner

It's go time!


I have finally secured a date for my charity dinner to benefit the Komen 3-day breast cancer walk. It will be held on Monday, July 23rd at CHON SOM...yum-o!

My friend Lynette will play an acoustic set, there will be have a silent auction and of course fantastic Sushi/Thai food. Seriously folks....I am a total sushi snob but my friends DO make AWESOME sushi and let's not forget about the mango sticky rice. (drool)

I really hope to get allot of people to come and raise money for this cause. The more people I meet on my training walks, the more stories I hear about cancer and it's devastating effect on everyone.....it just makes me want to do this over and over again. If It were possible...I'd want to do it in more than one city......

Since signing up 3 of my close friends have been diagnosed with breast cancer....that is within 5 months. It breaks my heart and scares the shit out of me at the same time.

http://www.the3day.org/sandiego07/austinbabs


Trojan

4 comments:

Denise said...

Make sure to put together an invitation. I will send it to all of my friends. :)

Pittchick said...

A friend of mine just did a 2 day walk in DC. I wish I could come to your dinner, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Tracy said...

ahh geez I would love to be there. Can you plan one out in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho?? (kisses)

I have my first mammogram tomorrow and I'm so SCARED!

Have a GREAT day sweets.

Laurie said...

You have a date already for July?!?!? Wow, that's impressive - who's the lucky guy?