Friday, June 30, 2006

Company Travel


I might be sent to San Francisco for a tradeshow next month. All the CEO's have gone to this event many years in a row and think nothing of it. In my eyes...This is fucking A exciting. Being paid to go to CA?OK...Sign me up. They look at me like some naive soul......And I am. I've never had the opportunity to travel for work and now I MIGHT get that chance.

They just provided me with a company CC and I'm in charge of designing the new office decor....Love it. Met with a fabulous designer yesterday and talked for two hours about how fabulous the space is and what will/won't work. I'm going to go with Blk/W-sepia photography in a architecture format. I also need to find a place that makes emblems in Chrome...Anyone???

Certainly a cool part of my job. It's getting much better and I'm learning how to read my boss(mind reading 101). As long as he is happy...EVERYONE is happy.

Cheers!

Trojan

7 comments:

All Head, No Shaft said...

I travel for work (I also travel for pleasure), it is pretty cool, especially if you can take a few days (daze) and see the sights, eat the food, nmeet the people and take pictures.

Check out my blog, I am posting pictures I have taken that interest me, if you want to know more about the place in which the picture is taken then say it in a comment and I will post a short description.

mini driver wannabe said...

Fun--designing, jet setting! I wish. Of course those who travel for work don't usually find it so much fun.

Kate Michele said...

wow big time workin gal!! how fun to get to design!!!! I would be so over the top excited!!

Gone Home said...

SF rocks. I love it. Pity it wasn't 2 months ago, we could have had so much fun there at the same time :)

Bone Sucker said...

Whhaaaa!! I only travel to Texas... and small towns at that! :-( Trade?

mike said...

SF is one of the neatest cities. If you can arrange to stay an extra couple of days, esp a weekend, do it. It will be worth the it.

Kala said...

wow how lucky - its always fun to go on trips even if its for work - meeting new people and just getting out of the office - woot for that - thank goodness for happy bosses!