Sunday, June 04, 2006

And a door opens...

Two men walk into my life....for very different reasons.

One has been interested in talking on the phone and I've just been putting it off for whatever reason. Depression or just lack of want or caring...But today I picked up the phone and called. It's such a simple thing really, picking up a phone and calling someone..Or so you think. Why would I put it off for weeks? Not sure.

I was delighted to discover that this guy is very sweet,athletic and shares many of my interests. That being said, we will be going out later this week and I'm a little jazzed about it. I honestly have not been interested or jazzed about anyone in months...7 to be exact. I'm picky and it takes allot for me to really like someone, which means I endure long lapses of being lonely and sometimes depression. Why sugar coat it?...I am human after all. Aren't you?

The other man was brought into my life in a rather peculiar way, an ad for personal training. It was one of those days where I was having body dissatisfaction and distress....I honestly have those more than I should. We exchanged emails and I was a bit standoffish as you really have no clue who the person is on the other end of the email and what they are truly about. Personal training is a very PERSONAL experience and there are MANY assholes who think they own the universe and know it all. Fuck them.....I know stuff too. It' s hard to find a REAL knowledgeable and dedicated individuals who enjoy helping out others and are not in it for the Benjamin's alone. Enter my new trainer....J. We sat and talked about life and the real pursuit of happiness. You see....Personal happiness goes way beyond being healthy and having a nice figure for me. I've been through some really ugly shit in my life and it's molded me into who I am today...Some good and some really ugly. He picked up on that and honestly talked to me.....In depth and it was nice. I guess you can say that he is on the "level"


Long story short, I met two vastly different souls who made an impact on me today and it couldn't of come at a better time. I've been such a recluse lately...Just stressed with a new job and unhappy about other things. Perhaps this will help to pull me out of my funk and back into happier days. I hope so.....If I watch one more fucking TLC or Style networks show...I'm going postal.

Cheers...

Trojan

9 comments:

Rafael said...

That's why you get rid of cable, that way, you have to get out of the house

Pittchick said...

That sounds great! I've only been working with my trainer for a few weeks, but she's awesome. It;s really important to mesh well with your trainer.

Kate Michele said...

Yeah for you!! I'm so excited for you girl... I'm with you I've been through ugly stuff too, so I'm not as trusting and it takes a while for me to open up.... Though I can usually tell pretty quick if someones on the "level"...

Stop watching TLC!!! I finally had to stop and back away from the tv set!! Those shows are so not good for you!!

Trojan said...

I have watched " Whose wedding is it anyway" over 7 times this week....ACK. I'm sick of wedding already

adam said...

I'm going to say to you, what I said to myself, the last time I had sex:

"Good Luck, Trojan!"...

...(Yes, it was very good sex!.)

Cheers, back-to-ya,

Adam.

Kate Michele said...

LOL ADAM!! I just had water go up my nose!!!

sicilia_vita said...

Sometimes the best things are not what you would have expected, with people you wouldn't have expected, in situations you never thought possible.

Good for you, for being open to those possibilities.

And good luck.

Spotty said...

Bite your tongue!! I love TLC!

You deserve the best baby and you will have it. sometimes it just takes longer than you want it to. (note to self...take own advice!)

Bone Sucker said...

TLC and Oxygen - my two favorite friends!! :-P