Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Adventures with Meeting Maker

Or as I fondly refer to it: The fucking piece of shit!

Stupid fucking time zones....I've never had to worry about time zones, why would I? I don't travel that much and my job has been to sell insurance in TX..and nowhere else. Enter this Corpoaration that dealings all over the freaking world. Joe Blow wants a phone meeting with Long Duck Dong at 3 pm. Easy enough to do, I dutifully type all the info in. I wait on the phone to ring at 3pm...SHIT, he meant Pacific time. Oooops.

There were a few sets of oops, fuck and shit uttered today. My boss missed a call because I screwed up on time zones....On the Job Training is so much fun.

What stress? Where?

I'll figure this out eventually.

Trojan

6 comments:

mike said...

Yeah, you'll figure out time zones. Amazing faux pas' happen within a global company because people forget about this little thing. Hilarious. Especially if you have to take into account the international date line, where it is yesterday there today, in addition to worrying about the time difference!

Kate Michele said...

I so had an issue with time zones when I processed mortgages!! Our corporate offices where in California, so you couldn't even get ahold of anybody till One o'clock our time!!! And then they'd schedule phone mettings for five their time...which ment I'd have to hang around till eight our time!!! Arrgghh Fuckin' time zones!! Why can't we all just be together??!! LOL... Hang in their kid, you'll get it.

PlaysByEar said...

Basic addition and subtraction--your first big challenge! Good luck with that!

Trojan said...

I'm not a freaking math major...haha. Yes, i'll get it, in fact I think the fear today instilled in me...has me getting it in my sleep.

bronxbt said...

sweetie.. i was born and raised for my first 7 years in huntsville, tx....

i can without an iota of a doubt tell you that right now:

i have no fucking idea what time it is where you are....


giggle.
you'll figure it all out soon.

cheers

Jes said...

Just remember, I'm 13 hours ahead!!!