Friday, April 21, 2006

What the Hail?!!

Yesterday we had a few severe thunderstorms roll through and my car was lucky enough to get pounded 4 times with hail. Not pea size but large marble size hail. It got so bad at one point that 5 vehicles were crowded under a mesquite tree. Many of your are not familiar with mesquite tree so let me describe them....Just picture a twig with 2-3 thin branches. Urethra!--:)..You have a tree which provides very little coverage but ended up being a makeshift sanctuary for 5 cars, one being a Lincoln Navigator stretch limo...Too funny. Have you ever been inside your car when a hail storm hits? It sounds like you're being pounded with large bowling balls that could come through the roof or windshield at any moment. Slightly scary.

Amazingly, my car sustained NO DAMAGE. Ok people here is a little insurance advice straight from me to you. Just because you're car or house goes through a terrible storm, hail and all.....DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE DAMAGE AND NEED TO FILE A FUCKING CLAIM. People take your car in and get a free estimate before you make an irreversible claim with you insurance company. It is not and never will be a maintenance policy. Have a roofer go out and give you a free estimate of damage on the house. It blows my mind.....

In this day and age, everyone must self-insure to a small degree to keep premiums down and affordable. I'm now stepping off my insurance soap box.

It was nice going to sleep during the storm though, heavy rainstorms always make me sleep well and I love to listen to the sounds. Unfortunately, I saw many horrific accidents on my way to work. I've seen 3 bloody-bloody accidents this week and it always makes me pause and worry for them, but be thankful that it was not my friends/family. I refuse to rubberneck an accident but just out of my peripheral vision I saw lots of blood and guts....Makes me queasy just thinking about it. I'm not a blood and guts type chick....

Well I hope everyone has a safe weekend!

Cheers....


Trojan

12 comments:

bronxbt said...

jeez. all of our hail is whimpy lil' pea sized pellets or smaller. of course, it's funnier than hell (hail) to watch my dog out there, noggin' rocking from getting "boinked" on the head from the assault.

jeez i need to get out more.

btw, stunning HNT yesterday. all this talk about you not being happy with how you look? yer jes crazy. love it, and you look "ah-mazing!"

enjoy YOUR weekend. have some fun and frivalty on me.... cheers!

mike said...

Before the thunder got loud enough to wake me, I was dreaming of nuclear war. During waking, in that in between state, I actually thought we were under attack.

Pittchick said...

Hail storms are scary! We don't have anything quite that bad up here.

Leesa said...

I love mesquite. Chop them trees up and cook with them on the grill. Actually, I have seen mesquite near San Antonio and they are kinda pretty.

dna princess, is that you in the HNT. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the comment. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Leesa said...

okay, trojan, I got to your site from dna princess. I am officially going crazy. Nice pic though.

JD said...

mesquite trees are strange, glad they serve mankind by making our meat taste better, lol.

Rafael said...

We got snakes

Kate Michele said...

Ok how ohioian am I? I did not know that mesquite, in the seasoning for chicken, came from an actual tree!! Is that what ya all are saying?? Cause thats cool.. Gee ya learn something new everyday!!

Gone Home said...

Excellent pun to start with :)

I love listening to storms and rain and thunder.

Have a safe weekend too, Trojan!

mini driver wannabe said...

That kind of hail would be craxy frightening. Y'all have some crazy weather down there. :)

mini driver wannabe said...

I mean crazy-damn laptop keyboard. (couldn't be operator eror, now could it?)

The Phosgene Kid said...

I went through a storm in SD once -no pellets of ice, but raw sharp chunks. It looked like someone had worked my car over with a ballpeen hammer. I wasn't all that worried about the new dappled look, but was worried about rust so I took it in.