Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hurry up and wait

That is always the way it is on a movie set..Even short films. I prefer doing short films as then I actually get to act and have lines, I'm greedy like that. Today I was just going to be a stand-in and extra....Figured my sleeve or shoe just might it to the edge of a scene...You laugh but it's like that. Well folks today was a good shooting day....The best shooting day I've had to date:)

I left work about 11AM to get downtown for my calltime of 12pm. I check in and got approved by wardrobe. Then I sat around with other extras and chatted it up. I was getting water and started chatting with a seasoned actor I've never met before..Christian something.,He had his own trailer So that must of been nice. We chatted and talk about a documentary he and his producer wife are working on. The dude lives 5 miles from Tommy Lee Jones so I listened when he talked. The advice I got from him...Alone made my day. He was so generous with his time and really answered all my questions. Nice guy.

We waited a few more hours and then the shooting cast broke for lunch. It was there we got our first glance of Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson( yep, he was there too), Blake lively ( from the sisterhood of the traveling pants) as well. So lunch was pretty cool..Eating next to Ted and Mary:)Those two are so in love and happy. Always holding hands and hands in each others pocket...Very sweet. I figured that would be a close as I'd ever get to having any interaction on the set. The food BTW, was outstanding..Choice of : Roast Beef,Grilled Salmon and Grilled Chicken, Grilled Vegas,Salad,fresh fruit and cake...Yummy

After 5 hours of doing nothing, make-up finally called me to do mine. Finally we were off to the set, about 3 blocks away. First things I did was the stand -in work for Mary. Walked her charter paths on camera a few times. Then she came on the set and was working right next to me. She seems sweet but was gripping a little about things they changed in the script and ruffled her feathers. She is also TINY..I mean about a size 2. Blake Lively was just as nice and sweet as could be...Really enjoyed working with her...

Even better, Our scene are the background for the main shots of Mary and blake...so I should be on camera a few times, We shall see....I just had fun, met great new people and got to try new things on a movie set....all in all KICKASS. I am tired as all get out and dinner tastes so good tonight:)

I have no photo's :(..closed set...but gret memories in my head. when this movie gets released I'll let you guys know.



Here is the name of the fil mand who is in it...:
The feature film "Elvis & Anabelle" starring Blake Lively ("Sisterhoodof the Traveling Pants"), Max Minghella ("Bee Season"), Keith Carradine("Deadwood"), and Mary Steenburgen ("What's Eating Gilbert Grape")features a
Cheers and happy day to all.

Trojan

12 comments:

Pittchick said...

WOW! That sound great. How often do you get to do things like that?

Trojan said...

work right next to the actors???? very rarely

mini driver wannabe said...

VERY cool day. The kind that makes all the sacrafice and stress worth it. Cheers to you!

shhhh said...

I love hearing about the creative process, even when it's just about the lunch break during the creative process.

Thanks for sharing.

babyG said...

cool Sarah will love this

Gone Home said...

Hey did you twig
Ted Danson's wig
Ted Danson
Ted Danson
Ted Danson's wig

Kate Michele said...

How exciting!!! I envy your experience girl!! Happy for you....

Trojan said...

What does twig mean? And Ian..that is his hair..sheesh.He wore a toupee on Cheer's though.

BRAE said...

Sounds like it was worth taking half a day off of work.

BTExpress said...

That is so cool. Living just one day like that would be quite an experience. Now you'll be doing it a lot, I hope. Good luck with this.

Don't forget your blogger friends when you become a famous actress. ;-)

Gone Home said...

To twig something means to realise.

BH said...

Good times, good times! Definitely keep us posted so I can be the girl in the theatre saying, "OMG, that's my friend!"