Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Goes by Fast....


It's already Wed? Wait...It's already April 2006?

You know 2020 is just around the corner....

Life just seems to be going by so fast. I was 21 the other day and I'll be 32 this year..Scary for sure. The 30's are turning out different than I imagined. Sure, I'm having fun and getting more comfortable with myself. Got a job that seems to work for me and I have oodles of opportunity for side projects.....But I'm in a personal slump. It's been like this for months and turned me into something of a recluse, why? I'm not sure.

There is no rhyme or reason for this post just thought I'd air my thoughts today, for better or worse. Been thinking about joining Habitat for Humanity, a worthwhile cause and a nice way to give back. I'm feeling the need to give something back to the community these days....I think it's time. Might also get a weekend P-T job, extra income is great and might be a great way to meet more people. I'm certainly not meeting great people in my apt.......Time to get out of my cubby hole.

I am going to go to Boston...I'll just have to work harder and sell more. I can do anything I want if I really dig down and pursue it.

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada....Not much more to say right now.

Trojan

21 comments:

tuckit said...

I feel ya I'll be 34 in a month seems like yeasterday Damian was born now he's 10 Time flys......

PlaysByEar said...

Yay I'm younger than tuckit!

tuckit said...

I'm still beatter looking :)

Bone Sucker said...

Me too, now I don't feel so old!!

Trojan - I want to go kayaking. I have no idea how. Wanna go with me & laugh at me?

tuckit said...

Can't type though

Trojan said...

BS..if we get the ones where you ride on top...I'll go with you. Love Kayaking..Let's do it!

Bone Sucker said...

What is one where you ride on top? I thought that was a sexual position?

Bone Sucker said...

Meals on wheels is a blast too, it's great for on the holidays when I don't have the kids! I get to do something useful and not sit home and feel sorry for myself & missing them like crazy! Both are great groups of people! You could also try being a 'big sister'. All really rewarding!

Trojan said...

LOL..it's both. There are the kayaks you fit your lower body in...I'm scared of those..something about turning over and drowning..I like the ones where you sit on top...That is just me. i'm weird.

Pimp Doggie Dawg said...

ok, i missed my opportunity to commment on your last post, so i can do it now and include thoughts on this one.....

solve your doldrums and make extra cash---go back to school. yes it will cost money in the beginning but should be worth it in the end. eventually get a better job, better benefits (retirement), more cash to do those extra things.

granted, i am posting this with absolutely no clue how much school you have under your belt or how much you make or how good your benefits package is at whatever job you do---so as always "grain of salt"

Trojan said...

Me thinks Jungle has a bit of influence on that last post PDD...but your right. It really bothers me to be only one in the family without a degree. Thing is...i hate being in school...oh well. Must figure something out or buy an Allstate agency....eventually.

Bone Sucker said...

ok, that sounds fun! Or we could try canoeing... I think they rent them at town lake. When are you free??? No monsters this weekend... you can follow my calendar every other weekend after that, no monsters... can also go w/the monsters, but then it has to be canoeing and you have to put up with the beast and pickle.

Trojan said...

stupid or brave posting that..you be the judge.

tuckit said...

Only time will tell..

Denial Queen said...

please don't talk about being old....youngsters....I'm going to be 39...again....lol:)

JD said...

hooray for you. i'm glad you decided to go to Boston. and i know what you mean, time does fly. carpe diem, seize the carpe, as they say. otherwise you'll wake up one day and be as old as me, lol. ;) great post.

Summer said...

That would be cool to get involved in something like that. Every single person can make a difference.

BH said...

Wait, you mean when I hit my 30s it's NOT going to be any better? Shit. All this time I was hoping.

PlaysByEar said...

Yep. The best time of my life was when I was 5 yrs old. It's only gotten worse since.

MB said...

Trojan, try this. I went back to school when I was 31. I took a history class because I enjoyed history a bunch. What I discovered is after a 10 year hiatus from school, I kind of liked it again. (I really hated school) So, now I am just over two years away from my B.A. in business.

It's taken me 6 years of part time school (I had a few units going into it) but I'm pretty stoked.

Just try one class. Something fun to get into the flow of things. You might surprise yourself.

Trojan said...

MB...so true babe..so true.