Sunday, April 02, 2006

Asics



You guys know that I never discuss shoes on here....Today I'll make an exception and talk about my new running shoes. I was overdue by about 5 months and starting to feel it when I ran, mainly the knees and toes. Last night I went to Sports Authority and set my mind to finding some good running shoes..Yeah, twist my arm. I debated over two pairs...New Balance and Asics. I've ALWAYS gone with New Balance since I have big honking feet and have to wear men's running shoes, one of the only drawbacks to being tall. This time I went with the Asics and love,love,love them. They are stylish and when tested, proved to be extremely comfortable for long runs. I could of run about 8-10 miles in them if the weather had been cooler.

The New Balance shoes were less expensive but cheaper is never better with running shoes especially if your doing 20+ miles per week...It really adds up.

I also dropped by Victoris'a Secret( Love that store) and bought some good smelling hair stuff. One thing about Brae...She always smells good and claims it's this shampoo. Sorry hon, but I'm ripping off your good smelling secret:). Imitation is the biggest form of flattery...Hope you don't mind!

Cheers.....


Trojan

14 comments:

BRAE said...

What kind did you get? Where they on sale? I need to get more but I will have to wait until they go on sale.

Trojan said...

I got the Very Sexy..it was buy the shampoo and get the conditioner for 5$ so 15 for both. Not cheap but cheaper than buying new perfume

PlaysByEar said...

Asics have always done me well. I didn't notice they were stylish too!

Video X said...

WAY TO GO ON THE ASICS!!!!!!!!

i used to wear new balance...10.5 with AAAA heel for me (i think i've said this on here before)...anyway i am fairly expert on the running shoe aspect as it's been a freaking chore to find shoes that fit for my entire life...i understand your plight!

new balance USED to be the narrow shoe and the one that was recommended over any other running shoe...THEN nb got super duper wide. that's when the switch to asics happened. in the past couple years, nb got narrow again and came out with a "light" running shoe whick i tried...it was highly disappointing.

asics are awesome! i don't even try them on anymore. i just go to www.zappos.com and buy the same thing. btw: i have had TONS of luck with zappos on finding hard to find sizes. in any shoe really. they have free shipping, and almost every time i've ordered shoes...it says the free shipping is standard shipping, but in general...they will later send an email that says they are overnighting the shoes...for free. awesome.

sorry..i get a little excited about asics.

Trojan said...

Hey Video...awesome!. I love them so far, comfy and support and good looking oh my! If It were a guy...I might marry it...haha

Pittchick said...

I also used to run in new balance all the time. I have big feet (size 10), but they are very narrow, so new balance used to work well for me. I recently switched over to asics and it's like running on a cloud! I love them. I actually have to go out and get a new pair this weekend.

Spotty said...

I was a Nike junkie until Gymno turned me on to New Balance. Love those - so comfy. I had some Asics once....didn't care for them.

ooo....online VS shopping now!

Rafael said...

I prefer Brooks, but then again, I have big honkin feet and am not exactly light. I like their Addicition and the Beast lines since they have good support for overpronating fat asses like myself.

BRAE said...

Raf - I will have to tell my brother in law about those shoes, he wears a 16EEEE.

BH said...

I'm a Brooks girl myself w/ my big honking feet.

I always get compliments that my hair smells good as well - I use Ojon shampoo and conditioner. Great for those of us with thick, naturally curly hair.

Bone Sucker said...

What about the little foot people? Where do we get good shoes besides the kids section?

Denial Queen said...

I'm a Mizuno gal....used to be Nike. I'm into anything that lets me have all my toe-nails intact. lol
Mizuno's tend to have a wider toe box and a very light-weight......but anything you are comfrotable in!!!

Sheen V said...

Asics rule! I've been running in them for years and years.

daniel said...

Very informative blog. I found everything I needed here. Great content! golf equipment testing